Healthy Kids Program
Does your family have comprehensive
health care coverage?
Healthy Kids covers all of a child's
health care needs, including doctor visits, hospitalizations, prescriptions, dental care,
vision care, and counseling.
What is Healthy Kids?
Healthy Kids is no-cost or low-cost health care coverage for Oregon children who don’t have health insurance. Even kids with pre-existing conditions can enroll. If you have not qualified in the past, now is the time to apply again – the application is easier and NAYA is here to help you through the process!
(Source: Oregon Healthy Kids/Oregon Health Authority)
- Be 18 years old or younger
- Live in Oregon and be a legal US resident
- Be uninsured for 2 months - Children that already have health care may apply, however, they will generally need to meet the requirement of being uninsured for two months; there are several exceptions that make it possible for children that do have health care to be able to bypass the two months of uninsured.
Healthy Kids covers all of the care
Coverage lasts for 12 months and can be renewed annually, if you still qualify. Healthy Kids is based on family income and
size – no family makes too much! There are three health care coverage options: no cost, low cost, and full cost.
Why should I apply?
- Children with health insurance are more likely to:
- Get sick less often
- Get preventative care to keep them well
- Get the treatment they need when sick
- Receive needed shots that prevent disease
- Get treatment for common illnesses such as ear infections and asthma
- Emergency room and urgent care visits can be expensive! These can be avoided with regular managed care.
- Indian Health Services can have long waits for appointments and do not offer emergency care.
- It costs nothing to apply and we do the application with you! Whether it’s your first time applying or you would like help re-applying, we are here to help!
For individuals 19 and older: OHP Standard Assistance
Our NAYA Health Care Advocate can also help you with applying for OHP Standard if you meet the following criteria:
OHP Standard has a limited number of spaces available because of funding. You must first place your name in the OHP random lottery system. When you do this, you should receive a blue letter and an application. This is confirmation that your name has been added to list, but does not mean your name has been drawn. Names are pulled randomly (so everyone has an equal chance) as funding becomes available. Once your name is pulled, you will receive a green letter in the mail and an application, which must be filled out and returned by a certain date. If you qualify, you will receive health coverage for one full year, which can be renewed annually if you still qualify.
Overview of Services that we Offer
Healthy Kids and OHP Standard Application Assistance and Advocacy
Family Health Insurance Program (FHIAP)
Oregon Prescription Drug Program (OPDP)
Online Food Stamps Application
Express Application Assistance – same day or next day appointments usually available!
Health Care Renewal Applications
To schedule your appointment or if you have questions contact: